Grants / Support
The Japan Foundation, New Delhi offers different types of grant & support programs.
1. The Japan Foundation Headquarters’ Programs
Applications open early October – early DecemberThe Japan Foundation Headquarters’ Grants is administered by The Japan Foundation’s Headquarters in Tokyo. Japan. Applications for the coming Japanese fiscal year (Japanese Fiscal Year, April 1 – March 31) generally open in October of the previous year. All of our Headquarters’ Programs have strict application deadlines which differ from program to programs. Please check carefully individual program information on headquarters website for details.
2. The Japan Foundation, New Delhi’s Grant Programs.
Available at various times throughout the year.
At the Japan Foundation New Delhi, we are pleased to support events regarding the field of Japanese Culture, Japanese Language and Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchanges.
*Please note that allocations might be exhausted at some time of the fiscal year.
(1) Grant Policy (what can be covered)
- We cover partial costs for such items as international airfare, venue fee, accommodation, honorarium of participants/artists to events or conferences, which contribute to the understanding of Japanese Culture, Japanese Language and Japanese Studies. Honorarium cannot be covered in Arts and Culture grant.
- Events should be held in South Asia, in princip
(2) Applicant’s Requirements
- Affiliation (individual or organization): Most of our programs are for organizations. A voluntary organization without legal status can also apply for some programs, but is mandatory to attach documentation certifying its establishment (e.g., Articles of Incorporation) to the application form. The events should take place in India.
- Applicants must not be commercial organizations.
- Applicants must have the capabilities necessary for implementing the planned projects.
- The receipt of grants or support from the Japan Foundation must not violate any laws, regulations, or ordinances.
- When applicants are organizations, applicants must have a bank account in the organization’s name in order to receive grant money from the Japan Foundation, New Delhi.
(3) How to Apply
- We strongly recommend you to first contact our program officers. Simply contact them from our Contact page.
- For Arts and Culture and Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchanges projects, please download attached Application Form and Terms & Conditions. Fill the Application Form, and send us the application form (original with signature is required). Read Terms& Conditions carefully.
- Submitted applications will be judged in our office and decisions will be communicated.
- For Japanese Language grants, kindly contact us first and we will send you the separate application forms.
(4) Implementing Procedure
- A notification letter of acceptance will be sent to the selected applicants. After reading the conditions, please notify the Japan Foundation of your acceptance using the designated form.
- Please implement your project following the procedure and conditions for the relevant program as well as the plan and purpose of your project written in the application form. In principle, you must obtain approval from the Japan Foundation before making any major changes to the plan or postponing/canceling the project.
- A final report has to be submitted promptly to the Japan Foundation when your project is completed. Please note that grantees in some programs may be asked to report the participants’ questionnaire results, media coverage, and the number of project participants.