The Japan Foundation, New Delhi Library
The Library of the Japan Foundation New Delhi is open to the public and its extensive collection covers materials on Japan written in various languages. It also has the latest Japanese magazines and newspapers.
Library opening hours
(Tuesday to Saturday) from 11.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
Closed: – Sunday, Monday and the Japan Foundation New Delhi holidays
Library Membership is open to public, who lives in Delhi & NCR only.
– Go to the following link and fill up the form
-Please show your original ID & address proofs and deposit the library registration fee at the library circulation counter to complete the registration process.
Individual Membership: – Rs. 300 /one year
|S.No.||Borrowing Items||No. of Items||Loan Period|
|2||Back Volumes of journal/magazine||2||14 Days|
Please carry a valid photo ID-proof with you whenever you visit us.
The library provides reference services for the collection and research information related to Japan and international cultural exchange. Requests are accepted by telephone, fax and e-mail.
– Library members can borrow the books, back volumes of journals/ magazines, manga & CDs for 14 days & extend the borrowing period of borrowed books up to another 14 days.
Holding & Reserving Items
Borrowed items can be put on hold or reserved.
Library member can use the internet for 30 minutes at a time.
Use of Audio-visual Material
Library member can use the CDs & DVDs for one hour at a time.
Library member can copy only printed material, @Rs.1 per A4 Size exposure. Photocopying is subject to copyright restrictions.
- Library Sitting Rules
- Study area -Timings are limited to use this area.
- Morning Batch ( 11:00 to 14:30)
- Afternoon Batch (15:00 to 18:30)
One can use only one option from these two. Either you can use the study area in Morning Batch or in Afternoon Batch. No one will be allowed to use both batches.
- Manga Café – No time restriction for Manga Readers, but studying in the Manga Café is not allowed.
- Audio-visual & Computer System Area – Library members can use audio-visual systems for one hour and computer systems for 30mins
- Be reasonably quiet & no loud disruptive behaviour.
- No food or drinks.
- Mobile phone must be switched off or in silence.
Apart from these rules, please follow the library rules & regulation available at the library.